The refurbishment of the Rogers Theatre will allow the Performing Arts to flourish at Malvern to the benefit of our pupils and the wider community. With more space, better facilities, and the latest 'theatre tech', we hope to create more opportunities to inspire our pupils to express themselves as performers, technicians, artists, designers, writers and composers.
The Rogers Theatre refurbishment will deliver the following:
- New-build extension creating a studio, and much needed front-of-house space
- Modular staging allowing for theatre-in-the-round and other performance layouts
- Extension of the balcony and new retractible seating
- Latest theatre-tech allowing pupils to learn about modern lighting and sound management
- Improved lighting and acoustics for the benefit of audiences and performers
- Tension wire grid allowing pupils to operate technical equipment and stage rigging in safety
- Additional backstage space through the relocation of offices.
These features will be incorporated into the original Edwardian building with sensitivity, honouring both its history and the affection so many feel for it.
Name a Seat
- £250 to name a seat to celebrate Drama at Malvern
- Gifts will be recognised by a plaque engraved with your name or the name of someone you choose to honour
- Your dedication will remain in place for the lifetime of the seat
- Your gift will attract Gift Aid where appropriate.